Social Media/ Marketing Intern
TrainingGrounds is seeking a social media and marketing intern who will assist with creating engaging content while managing social media interactions to increase involvement and awareness of our programs. The successful candidate will be a motivated, creative, professional and excited about working with a social impact start-up company dedicated to increasing educational access to the New Orleans community.
The successful candidate will be expected to attend weekly meetings (in person/virtually) as well as assist with undertaking general duties that contribute to organizational operations of the company.
· Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company website and for social media posts
· Work with staff to create and manage positive social media presence on all social media platforms.
· Assist with capturing and analyzing social media metrics
· Generate creative photographs for social media posts
· Assist in developing content for newsletters, blogs, and website
· Work with staff and outside Marketing Firm to create a strategic 2-year marketing plan for the company
· Knowledge of Facebook / Twitter / Instagram/Pinterest and Google- familiar with hashtags
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must be currently pursuing bachelors/or recently graduated in related field such as Communications / PR / Marketing
· Experience with social media analytics including Google Analytics and Facebook insights a plus
· If you have experience with or access to the following software/skills please share with us: Photoshop, Illustrator
Part Time: 10-15 hour per week
Application Deadline: September 11
Start Date: Immediately
Length of Engagement: Fall Semester (may be extended)
Compensation: Unpaid; College Credit
To apply, please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Your resume
2. A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the internship with TrainingGrounds, what skills you would bring, and why you would be a great member of the team!
3. Links to any work you would like to share (blogs, design portfolio, etc)